How to: Create a New Empty Data Folder of RIMMF Records
When you open RIMMF, the software opens whatever is currently set as your default data folder of records, ready for you to work with those records.
Here are instructions on how to create a new data folder, without any records, and switch to using it.
See How to: Change to a Different Data Folder of RIMMF Records for how to change to an existing data folder, already containing records, and make it your default folder.
Make a new folder and make it your default folder
- Close all open records and RIMMF functions, except the Main Menu
- At the Main Menu:
- Go to Tools | Change data folder
- Click <New Folder>
- Enter a name for your new folder
- Click <Select folder>
- Click <Yes> to confirm that it is Ok to continue with the change
- Click <OK> at the record count
- Add records to your new folder, that is now your default folder
Every time you re-open RIMMF, the software will open this as your default data folder of records, until you How to: Change to a Different Data Folder of RIMMF Records.